Finding new songs for kids worship can be challenging. We don’t have a team dedicated to leading worship in our kids ministry so we like using Kids Worship Videos. I was looking for some new Kids Worship Videos and came across some new videos by Summit Creative Company. They are available on WorshipHouseKids.com. There are several things I like about these videos:
- Contemporary Sound. I’m not sure what is ‘contemporary’ these days, but these songs have a sound to them that is current with pop culture. Kids like these songs because the style is familiar to them. Their target audience is elementary age kids. It communicates to kids that worshipping God can be fun and relevant to their age group.
- Lyrics on the screen. Short, simple phrases on each frame are easy to follow. Even if the kids can’t read yet, the lyrics help the volunteers in the room sing the songs. If the volunteers are singing, the kids will be more likely to sing too.
- Motions on the screen. My biggest challenge when doing songs with kids? The leaders forget the motions. Sometimes volunteers do different motions from week to week, or the motions vary from volunteer to volunteer. Having the motions on screen helps to keep the motions consistent.
- Visual Effects. They use several different effects throughout their videos to keep kids attention. It’s fast paced, and keeps things moving.
- Great words. Most of their songs really focus on God. When kids are in our program, we have limited time, so I really want to make sure that the lyrics we sing focus on how amazing our God is.
You can find more of their videos on Worship House Kids website. Search for Summit Creative Company.
If you would like to see some examples of great worship videos for preschoolers, click here.