Four times a year we do an event that is meant for families to do something together.
Gingerbread Party – to kick off the Christmas Season
Princess Party – in the winter
Family BBQ – during our EPIC kids summer camp week
LEGO Party – in the spring
Here are some pictures of our LEGO Party and what we did:
- I had someone build this LEGO wall using a 4×8 sheet of wood & 15 base plates.
- I found some LEGO masks online that kids could cut out & put on.
- We had a photobooth where people could take their family photo.
- LEGO Coloring Pages for those who like to sit and color.
- Yummy treats are always very popular.
- I made Rice Krispie squares and added food coloring. Then I put Smarties to match on top while they were still warm. We cut them in rectangles and they looked like LEGO blocks. (Smarties are only available in Canada, but M&Ms would work). Don’t worry, we had healthy snack options available too!
- Families could pre-order a LEGO kit (I gave them a choice from 6 different kits that I ordered and they paid for) or they could bring their own LEGO kit. UPDATE: We later switched our plan to purchasing a bunch of Classic LEGO brick boxes and a bunch of base plates so kids could build anything with their families. We keep the LEGO from year to year so we can use it for each LEGO party. This allowed us to keep the registration cost at $5 and families didn’t have to make any additional purchases.
- We had some blocks that they could build with at an activity center.
- We had a bouncy castle so they could burn off some energy.
- Our Indoor Playground was open for kids to play on.
- Our LEGO Decor was made from styrofoam blocks & styrofoam circles. We painted them with regular wall paint.
We had 600 people come to this event. It was a great opportunity for families to spend time together. It was also a great opportunity for people to invite their non-church friends to come to visit our church.
For more information about our Princess Parties, click here.
For more information about lessons learned from Disney Junior Live on Stage, click here.