Did you ever play Kerplunk when you were a kid? We built one of these giant Kerplunk games for our church. It’s a great game to play as a group and have fun together. Here’s how we did it.
Just a few basic supplies are needed to make this giant Kerplunk game and you can find them at your local home improvement store.
• 2×4 legs: three at 9 inches
• Wire fencing: one length at 59″L x 48″H
• Bamboo stakes: 90 at 24 inches
• ½-inch plywood base ring (bottom): one at 7-inch interior radius and 9-inch exterior radius
• ½-inch plywood base ring (top): one at 7-inch interior radius and 10-inch exterior radius (with three dividers in center of ring)
• ½-inch plywood lid ring (bottom): one at 7-inch interior radius and 9-inch exterior radius
• ½-inch plywood lid ring (top): one at 7-inch interior radius and 10-inch exterior radius
You will also need some ball pit balls. They can be ordered online, or find them where kids toys are sold.
Start by cutting the pieces required, then assemble and paint. Detailed instructions and a how-to video can be found on This Old House. Find someone in your church who likes to build things and ask them to build it for you!